The Blue Grey Cattle Group
The Blue Grey Cattle Group is a not for profit group of hill farmers who breed Whitebred Shorthorns and take their living from sales of Blue Greys.
Aims of The Blue Grey Cattle Group
- To raise farmer awareness of the Blue Grey as an upland /hill suckler cow
- To inform farmers about the independent whole farm costings concerning the Blue Grey, which show profitability (net margin) outperforming national averages (EBLEX and QMS) by over £250/head. No other breed can provide this hard evidence of performance excellence.
- To raise awareness of the inherited qualities of hardiness and milkiness in hybrid Blue Grey.
- To provide information about the well-established environmental grazing credentials and low carbon hoof print of the traditional Blue Grey.
- To inform potential buyers about upcoming Blue Grey sales.